With over 1100 pages of comprehensive information and insightful commentary, striking photographs and colorful maps, easy-to-understand charts and outtakes, The Baker Illustrated Bible Handbook
is an exhaustive but reader friendly companion that will guide you on an exciting journey through the Bible.
Each of the Biblical books is covered in detail by a leading evangelical scholar and is also emphasized within the larger narrative framework of the Bible which is called The Grand Story of the Bible
. Each biblical book is provided with a comprehensive outline, and the history surrounding each book is noted and explained clearly in accessible non-technical language. Finally, the message of each book is applied directly to our lives, stressing the ongoing relevance of the Bible today! This makes the Handbook
not only comprehensive in the information it provides, but also in its concern that the Bible's teachings impact our lives.Features:
- Over 500 Full-Color illustrations and Photos.
- Enhances Bible reading while stressing the importance of the Bible to our lives today.
- A Comprehensive book-by-book guide to the Bible.
- 80 Maps & Charts.
- 100 articles written by over 50 leading, biblically faithful evangelical scholars.
- Over 1100 full-color pages!