For almost fifty years and for millions of readers, The Daily Study Bible commentaries have been the ideal help for both devotional and serious Bible study. Now, with the release of The New Daily Study Bible, a new generation will appreciate the wisdom of William Barclay.
With clarification of less familiar illustrations and in- clusion of more contemporary language, The New Daily Study Bible will continue to help individuals and groups discover what the message of the New Testament really means for their lives. Differences between the original 1953 and updated 1975 edition:
- updated language
- clarification of outdated illustrations
- corrected quotations
- the removal of repetitive sections
- a restyled typeface
- the removal of outdated references
- Bible quotes from the NRSV
- updated monetary values
- a list of sources for authors, quotations, and illustrations.