Stories are basic to life. Everybody loves a good story. We have been reading, listening to, or watching stories all of our lives, so we intuitively know a lot about how they work. Yet, more and more, Christians are unfamiliar with the stories of the Bible and how the grand narrative of God's Word fits together. Indeed, God gave us the stories of the Bible to reveal great truth about Himself and about our lives, and He wants to draw us into the ongoing story of what He is doing in the world. By focusing on the narrative framework of Scripture we can better understand what the Bible teaches and live out its instruction more effectively.
Reading God's Story features two-color interior page layout and is organized into 52 weeks of readings (six readings per week). It presents Scripture in three main acts:
- God’s Plan for All People
- God’s Covenant People
- God’s New Covenant People
It provides an introduction for each act so you can grasp its importance in the grand story. Unlike other chronological Bibles, this arrangement is not date specific (e.g. “January 1”), so you can begin using this edition at any point in the calendar year.Features
- Complete text of the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB) arranged chronologically.
- Full-color maps
- Lined pages for personal notes
- Introductions to each "Acts"
- Weekly summaries & meditation for the prior week
- Sections not dated—begin whenever you want
- Access to a free App & daily audio podcasts to keep you connected
- 8.75" x 5.75" X 1.75"