Created for the independent, homeschooling student, Teaching Textbooks
has helped thousands of high school students gain a solid foundation in upper-level math without constant parental or teacher involvement. Teaching Textbooks Algebra 2 covers fractional equations, powers and exponents, second-degree equations, equations with variables, inequalities, absolute value, and other important Algebra 2 topics.
Extraordinarily clear illustrations, examples, and graphs have a non-threatening, hand-drawn look, and engaging real-life questions make learning Algebra 2 practical and applicable. Textbook examples are clear while the audiovisual support includes full lectures (reading the textbook), practice and solution CDs for every chapter problem, homework problem, and test problem. The review-method structure helps students build problem solving skills as they practice core concepts and rote techniques.
Teaching Textbooks' new Algebra 2 Version 2.0 edition now includes automated grading! Students watch the lesson on the computer, work a problem in the consumable workbook, and type their answer into the computer; the computer will then grade the problem. If students choose to view the solution, they can see a step-by-step audiovisual solution. Version 2.0 also includes a digital gradebook for multiple students, parent and multiple student accounts, interactive lectures, and second chance options. In addition, twenty new lessons on more advanced topics with 150 extra problems and solutions have been added! These new features mean that this 2.0 version is not compatible with the 1.0 edition.
Teaching Textbooks Algebra 2 2.0 includes the following new features:
- Automated grading
- A digital gradebook that can manage multiple student accounts and be easily edited by a parent.
- Twenty new lessons on more advanced topics and over 150 extra problems and solutions
- Interactive lectures
- Hints and second chance options for many problems
- Animated buddies to cheer the student on
- Reference numbers for each problem so students and parents can see where a problem was first introduced
- An index
- Detailed appendices
This kit includes:
- 770 page, spiral bound, softcover student text with 137 lessons.
- 134 page softcover Answer key & test bank with answerslisted in order of chapter. 18 Tests included.
- 12 CD-ROMs with over 120 hours of total instruction time.
- A CPU of 1.0 GHz or faster
- A Windows XP or later operating system (Vista and Windows 7 compatible)
- A 4x CD-ROM drive
- A CPU Processor type of: G3 PowerPC / Intel Solo
- Processor Speed of: 500 MHz / 1.0 GHz or faster
- A MAC OS 10.4 or later
- 256 MB of RAM
- A 4x CD-ROM drive