Chronological and Integrated. Fresh and Illuminating. Never before has the entire Bible been harmonized and integrated so that you can read it in 'real time.' Explore Scripture through this integrated approach and see the Bible unfold in a new way as the events of the Bible are set in parallel.
It's more than just a chronological Bible—not only are passages of Scripture arranged in their sequential order, but so also are individual events. And when there are multiple versions of an event, these stories are told side-by-side, connecting the dots to open up deeper understanding as you read the different accounts together. This Bible allows you to see the beautiful and intricate interconnectedness of the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation. Set in a new, chronologically-based format, this Bible will open your eyes to the way that the Bible reflects upon itself throughout its pages.
For instance, you can read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John's telling of Jesus feeding the 5,000—presented in four columns right next to each other. And when you read David's story about hiding from Saul in the wilderness, on the same page you'll read the psalm he wrote as he lay waiting, wondering when God would deliver him.
- The entire text of the NIV translation with the order of events arranged chronologically
- Parallel passages or passages that are related are arranged side-by-side in columns.
- 2-column: David in the cave
- 1 Samuel 22:1—5
- Psalm 142
- 3-column: Peter's confession
- Mt 16:13—23
- Mk 8:27—33
- Lk 9:18—22
- 4-column: Feeding 5,000
- Mt 14:13—21
- Mk 6:32—44
- Lk 9:10—17
- Jn 6:1—13
- General and sectional (e.g., Pentateuch, History, Prophets, Gospels) introductions on chronology and dating, including comparative charts of major systems and schemes
- Brief commentary in the form of transitions to help you navigate the chronology
- Table of Weights and Measures
- Scripture Index
- 8-point text size
- 9.50" x 6.75" x 1.50"