With clear writing and a contemporary approach, emphasizing how each doctrine should be understood and applied by present-day Christians, em>Making Sense of the Church explores the community of all true believers for all time---the church.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- the invisible church---the church as God sees it
- the visible church---the church as Christians on earth see it
- the purity of church---the degree of freedom from wrong doctrine and conduct
- the primary purpose of the church---ministry to God, believers, and the world
- the power of the church---its God-given authority to carry on spiritual warfare, proclaim the gospel, and exercise church discipline
- and spiritual gifts---abilities empowered by the Holy Spirit and used in any ministry of the church
Written in a friendly tone, appealing to the emotions and the spirit as well as the intellect, Making Sense of the Church helps readers overcome wrong ideas, make better decisions on new questions, and grow as Christians.