If we look at the Old Testament, the answer is surely yes. From the exuberant praise of Moses and Miriam to the desperate cries of Jeremiah, the First Testament is rich with heartfelt prayers to our Father. These eight studies from Lynne M. Baab, based on prayers from seven Old Testament books, invite you to meet our mighty, loving God in fresh ways, bringing all of who you are to him.
Lesson Titles and Scripture Passages
1. A Prayer of Moses: Praising God for Doing Wonders (Exodus 15:1-18)
2. A Prayer of Hannah: Praising God for Turning Things Upside Down (1 Samuel 2:1-10)
3. A Prayer of Samuel: Prayer as Listening (1 Samuel 3:1-14)
4. A Prayer of Solomon: Interceding for Our Needs and the Needs of Others (1 Kings 8:22-53)
5. A Prayer of Isaiah: Confession and Commissioning (Isaiah 6:1-13)
6. A Prayer of Jeremiah: Bringing Every Emotion to God (Jeremiah 20:1-18)
7. A Prayer of Jonah: Praying in Desperate Situations (Jonah 2:1-10)
8. A Prayer of Habakkuk: Trusting God in Spite of Circumstances (Habakkuk 3:1-19)
9. Leader's Notes
Customer Reviews for Prayers of the Old Testament
This product has not yet been reviewed. Click here to continue to the product details page.