New York Times
bestselling author Timothy Keller explores the connection between our everyday work and how God works in the world.
There are many books on vocation, and many that focus on our relationship to God. But Keller's Every Good Endeavor
is not about our relationship to God but rather about the relationship of our daily work to God's work in the world and how we further God's work through our own.
How can this be done? How can this be done in an increasingly competitive, insecure, and ever more demanding work environment of modern America? Keller asks these fundamental questions:
- What is the purpose of work?
- How can I find meaning and serve customers in a cutthroat, bottom-line-oriented workplace?
- How can I use my skills in a vocation that has meaning and purpose?
- Can I stay true to my values and still advance in my field?
- How do I make the difficult choices that must be made in the course of a successful career?
In his typically accessible and conversation style, Tim Keller addresses these questions with candor, insightfulness, and often surprising advice, Keller shows readers that biblical wisdom is immensely relevant to our modern questions about work. The Christian view of work-that we work to serve others, not ourselves-can, Keller argues, provide the foundation of a thriving professional and balanced personal life. Keller shows how excellence, integrity, discipline, creativity, and passion in the workplace can help others and even be considered acts of worship-not just of self-interest.